Our tenant screening services for landlords, property managers and investors will take the extra steps and attention required to help you make an informed decision. Our research is concise, accurate and up-to-date. All applicable laws and regulations are stringently followed to help assure you will get a better tenant, avoid nasty disputes and discrimination claims. You select the screenings preferred. There are no minimum order requirements. No membership or monthly fees.
1) Credit Report:* – This report will reveal fiscal responsibility including bankruptcies, liens, judgments and debt status and more. NOTE: This report will reveal the individual(s) Credit Score Model and is highly confidential. It should not be shared with any unauthorized person.
2) National Tenant Search:** – A comprehensive national landlord/tenant data search summarizing past court actions, prior landlord inquiries and landlord reported history. This registry may provide information as far back as 1980 depending on the reporting agency. There may be some smaller areas and jurisdictions that do not report. If a possible match is found a verification search is recommended.
3) Residence/Landlord History: – Besides an application cross reference, this is a verification of past places of residency from information provided by the applicant and/or obtained through the National Tenant Search. If needed, to further investigate inconsistant search results, past landlords will be contacted by telephone and asked to verify applicant’s information.
4) Employment History: – This report will help determine the applicant’s ability to pay the monthly rent and validate past work history and position as submitted by the applicant. Past employers will be contacted by telephone and asked to verify information.
5) County Criminal Search: – A County level search for felony and misdemeanor convictions over the past seven years. This is a live on premises search at the applicable county court house.
6) Civil Record Search: – An in-depth search of lower civil court records for small claims, eviction notices and tax liens less than $7,500. Upper courts are searched for bankruptcies and tax liens of $7,500 or more.
7) Social Security Trace: – Confirmation of the accuracy of the applicant’s SSN. This report may reveal a SSN number that is fraudulent, retired, not issued or is being used by multiple individuals. It can also lead to questions regarding previous residences or work histories.
8) Registered Sex Offender: – This search is designed to detect persons considered to be violent, repeat and/or likely to repeat offenders as determined by the various state criminal courts. One state as well a national data search is conducted. Not all states report to a national source at this time.
*Under Federal Fair Credit reporting laws, a signed release must be obtained from tenant candidate to conduct a credit background report (#1). Employer Lynx will provide required release forms.
**Because this is a national database, Employer Lynx, Inc. is not responsible if incorrect. A county civil record verification search is strongly recommended.
The first step is filling out our Tenant Service Agreement
Fax requests to: Employer Lynx, Inc. – 775-883-8755